Director, Media Relations
Wise Public Affairs is looking for a Director, Media Relations to serve the firm and its clients. We are looking for a communications professional to execute an aggressive build and lead a team of individuals who think way outside the box. If you are the person who is constantly coming up with creative ideas and innovative strategies for moving legislation and advancing important causes, we want you. We are looking for savvy people with experience running coordinated communications campaigns including social and traditional media outreach, key influencer engagement, op-ed writing, and messaging.
- Develop and execute strategic communications and media plans for advocacy clients.
- Create content for client web and social media properties.
- Manage paid advertising campaigns for the firm and its clients on traditional and social media outlets.
- Monitor news outlets for relevant information on client advocacy campaigns.
- Maintain and develop relationships with journalists, opinion leaders, and commentators.
- B.A. degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, or relevant field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a campaign environment, public relations, media, political office, or related field.
- Existing relationships with key media decision makers and commentators.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and a proven record of meeting tight deadlines and advancing multiple projects at once.
- Understanding people – how people act, how people think, and what influences different groups of people.
- Outgoing personality, positive outlook, and a “make it happen” mindset.
- Understanding of free market principles and desire to work for corporate and nonprofit clients in furtherance of those principles.
Please send resume and salary requirements to Info@WisePA.com.